Lead System Designer
||Games & Level Design
Our client is a growing game development studio with an established reputation as one of Europe's leading game companies.
- You will lead an experienced team of Core Designers, responsible for designing the features and systems needed to achieve the vision and pillars established with the Game Director;
- You will supervise, mentor, inspire, and empower your team, set achievable quality standards and guide team members on how to attain them, review work and provide actionable feedback;
- You will champion the creative process and foster clear communication and collaboration within the design team and with other multidisciplinary product teams;
- You will partner closely with the game director, producers, and other project leads to ensure code, art and design come together in the best possible way for the player experience;
- You will also collaborate with the data analytics and player research teams to further the understanding of the player experience and quality.
Who you are:
- 5 years’ experience with one or more AAA games in a design leadership role;
- Experience in Systems Design (i.e.: mechanics, controls, camera, combat and player progression);
- Experience designing systems for Open World games;
- You have experience with 3D editing software (Maya, etc);
- You have excellent leadership and mentoring qualities;
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- You are analytical, can evaluate game systems and interpret player behaviour data;
- You are self-motivated, take initiative and are willing to prototype and pitch ideas to the team;
- You have experience with visual scripting (Unity, Unreal, etc);
- Any experience in other game development disciplines; UI/UX, Art, Audio, Code.
We are an equal opportunities recruitment agency that values diversity and does not discriminate. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds
Follow Interactive Selection jobs on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/interactive-selection Facebook at www.facebook.com/Interactive.Selection and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gamesjobs
Interactive Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency that values diversity. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
I wish to apply for a job via or register my personal details with Interactive Selection for the purpose of seeking job opportunities within games and interactive entertainment.