Director/VP Marketing Job Description:
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
We are seeking a CANDIDATE/ for the Director Marketing. This role is responsible for creating and overseeing the global marketing plans and strategies for our’ portfolio. This role will have a strong emphasis on mobile marketing and will develop strategies to acquire, engage, and retain players across our mobile games. Another focus is on key influencer programs, online advertising, ASO, and traditional media.
The Candidate will work closely with other management across our team in supporting planning and coordinating activities across our portfolio. The CANDIDATE will be responsible for being up-to-date on the latest mobile marketing approaches and translating these into efficient marketing & creative campaigns in an always-on environment. In addition this role develops strategies to target audiences leveraging first and third party consumer databases.
We are looking for a CREATIVE and INNOVATIVE Marketing Leader who has a strong entrepreneurial personality and experience. We are looking for that person who will tackle our industry using guerilla marketing approach. This VP of Marketing will be part of our leadership team. We are looking for a candidate who will bring true additional value to the amazing games that our developers create. We seek leaders with unique features who will tackle the industry with innovative, common sense, and trending strategies.
The candidate leads relationships with a wide range of partners including Apple, Google, Nvidia, Razer, and many other external partners to further our goals. The candidate will have to work hand in hand with multiple Game Directors to find the needs of the team and meet our goals.
- Effectively and efficiently grow all our live games.
- Provide leadership, vision, and expertise for global consumer and digital marketing campaigns for mobile games. Oversee game portfolio franchise planning for the games group and P&L management.
- Play a key role in managing the ongoing strategic relationship between us and Apple/Google.
- Works collaboratively to coordinate the development of strategic objectives for our upcoming titles and to design specific marketing plans for each. Ensures appropriate internal communication across stakeholders.
- Manage the development of short and long-term global consumer marketing plans for assigned mobile games. Provide a strong digital marketing focus on all marketing campaigns including strategies for social media, Innovative online advertising, game community, mobile marketing, and ASO. Participate in the selection and management of agencies to optimize spending.
- Establish marketing budgets. Present budgets, marketing impact, positioning, deliverables, resources, etc. for approval. Strategically and creatively allocate marketing spend to deliver maximum impact of the game and brand across all targets. Align marketing plans and strategies where target consumers are spending their time, their money, and the devices and platforms that are most relevant to them. Focus on marketing channels and approaches to increase reach while optimizing budgets. Be a Guerilla Marketing Guru.
- Work across all our products to ensure coordination, collaboration, and integration of marketing tactics with other business functions (e.g. development studios, production, sales, trade marketing, events, etc.).
- Continually evaluate marketing strategies to ensure products/brands exceed revenue targets. Identify and implement creative and innovative tactics that increase brand/product awareness and increase penetration in target markets and consumers.
- Identify and create opportunities for cross promotion and collaboration by leveraging
- Work with distribution partners and licensees to ensure success of all products.
- We look at “WHO” first and then “WHAT.” If you think your ‘the person’ even if you miss some of the requirements, still GO FOR IT!
- MBA is nice to have, but it can easily be replace by experience and common sense.
- Coursework emphasis in marketing strongly preferred.
- 10+ years’ experience in senior marketing role in the video games or entertainment industries.
- 8+ years’ experience in management of digital marketing function including mobile, social media and online advertising.
- Digital marketing experience especially in the areas of social media, YouTube content, programmatic media.
- Knowledge of the Core Mobile Gameplay is a nice to have.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as a blend of intuitive thinking and quantitative analysis.
- Experience with creating and executing marketing plans required.
- Strong organizational skills. Did we mentioned strong organizational skills?
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem solving skills.
- Must be able to effectively manage communication, priorities, and workflow across a very agile organization.
- Must have both strong analytic and market research, plus creative marketing work including competitive analysis.
- Demonstrated understanding of the development process for video games is highly desired.
- Demonstrated track record of success integrating marketing into the product development process highly desired.
- Must be able to build and maintain collaborative relationships internally (i.e. across the studio unit) as well as with distribution partners and licensees.
- Strong commercial negotiation skills.
- Strong competitive understanding of games industry and titles required. Strong computer skills - proficiency with MS Office suite.
- Management has the right to add or change duties and job requirements at any time.
Follow Interactive Selection jobs on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/interactive-selection Facebook at www.facebook.com/Interactive.Selection and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gamesjobs
Interactive Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency that values diversity. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds.