11 Game Mechanic Programmers wanted for AAA studio in Cheshire
Programmers - Game Mechanics
We’re looking for bright, talented & motivated people to join our Game Mechanics department on an 18 month contract basis. We have a variety of positions from front line development to lower level system work based at our Cheshire offices, both at senior and non senior programmer levels. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain some invaluable experience as we restructure our underlying game engine, whilst working on AAA game titles.
- Analyse and understand the game design documents in order to define the required functionalities and the game system that must be developed.
- Comply with all coding standards, ensuring the creation of high quality, performance-minded coded.
- Maintenance of existing game mechanics.
- Fixing issues on the Jira database as directed.
- Liaising with Artists to provide assistance in the use of technology.
- Document and clarify requests of Artists for new technology and improvements to existing technology.
- Understand the concepts of the LED editor system that forms the basis of existing and future game mechanics.
- Clarify the design of new game mechanics with Associate Lead / Head Programmer to ensure consistency.
- Exploration of new practices to continually improve the quality of game development.
- Provide time estimates for non-trivial Jira issues.
- Implement gameplay for non-standard game mechanics and levels, including game bosses.
- Document new systems on Wiki.
- Produce and maintain editors based on the LED system.
- Undertake relevant on-the-job training where required and keep up to date with industry advancements and technologies.
- Mentoring Programmers and Junior Programmers with direction from Lead Programmer.
- Advise leads on matters relating to ensuring that cross team systems address the needs of the end users.
- Develop an understanding of existing systems, and their current code structure
Skills & Qualifications:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in Computer Science or related subject.
- Fluent in C++ and object oriented programming.
- Demonstrates dependability and commitments to projects / tasks.
- Ability to think creatively to solve coding problems.
- Flexible approach with the ability to adapt with change.
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines.
Follow Interactive Selection jobs on LinkedIn www.linkedin.com/company/interactive-selection Facebook at www.facebook.com/Interactive.Selection and on Twitter at www.twitter.com/gamesjobs
Interactive Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are an equal opportunity recruitment agency that values diversity. We encourage clients to welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
I wish to apply for a job via or register my personal details with Interactive Selection for the purpose of seeking job opportunities within games and interactive entertainment.